Trained at RADA acted in theatre & TV for 20 years directed plays at RADA & Canterbury, and started writing them. Three of these are ‘The Diary of Rita Patel’, a BAFTA nominated television play, ‘Rorschach in Russia’, a theatre play and ‘Irretrievable Breakdown’ also for the theatre. All were great casts and stunning productions.
- Star sign: Leo
- Inspirations: Shakespeare, Shaw, Dorothy Parker, Max Frisch, Karinthy, Wilfred Owen, Sylvia Plath, Mary Wollstonecraft, Aneurin Bevan - father of the NHS, my grandfather John Bowyer, painter.
- Favourite books: ‘Just So Stories’ by Rudyard Kipling, ‘The Blind Watchmaker’ by Richard Dawkins, ‘What I Did’ by Christopher Wakling, ‘They Fuck You Up’ by Oliver James, ‘Pastoralia’ and other short stories by George Saunders.
- Favourite film: Some Like it Hot
- Favourite car: Any self-drive electric
- Favourite food: Chestnut crea & merangue
- Favourite places: Clifton, New York, St Ives, Budapest
- Favourite things: Puns, moonstones, nutmegs, beaches, assonance, cats
- Biggest challenges: Writing anything
- Thing I've learned: Make your own mistakes instead of other people’s.
When writing phone conversations for theatre always give lines to unheard respondents... then delete them.