Taking you into print – seven easy steps
- You send us your ideas or manuscript.
- We reply and make suggestions for your next step. (We will reply to all emails within 14 working days.)
- You send us the first draft of your work.
- We reply with feedback and a timescale for getting your work completed. (We will reply within 21 working days.)
- You send a first draft of your work.
- We reply and offer you a contract to publish what you have written or suggest further revisions to submit until the material merits publication.
- We publish your work as an e-book. You will receive your first royalties quarterly.
- We are expert proof readers.
- We bring clarity & objectivity to the editing process.
- We offer support & guidance during the publishing process.
- You have the benefit of our long marketing reach.
- You have access to a mutually-supportive group voice.
- All our processes use the very latest technology.
I greatly enjoy working with the Mardibooks team and am delighted to share in celebrating the collective’s first birthday.
–Martin Craig-Downer, Author: “The Tank Room” and “Unexpected Tales from the Ends of the Earth”
It’s a major switch from the traditional writer/publisher dynamic and it’s not as “lonely” as sending an electronic book out into the universe by yourself.
–Candy Korman, Author: “Unexpected Tales From The Ends Of The Earth”
Frequently asked questions
- Q. Should I send my whole manuscript right away if it is finished?
- A. Please just send us a synopsis of your work, tell us when you wrote and finished it and your previous writing history.
- Q. Do I have to enter into a contract with Mardibooks to have my work read?
- A. All work prior to an offer of publication is done in negotiation with the writer, and is free.
- Q. Can I work with Mardibooks if other companies are interested in my work?
- A. We are happy to work with writers irrespective of other links they may have with agents or publishers, prior to an offer of publication.
- Q. If I want to publish my book in hard copy as well as in eBook format, can mardibooks do this?
- A. If we are convinced of the strength and commercial potential of your work, Mardibooks will look to publish it in hard copy, too. We have released four of our writers’ works in hard copy since we were formed.
- Q. Isn’t this whole operation just another form of vanity publishing?
- A. Mardibooks works with writers and professional distributors such as Amazon, W H Smiths, Foyles and Waterstone’s, to mention just four, to get your book out onto the international stage and give it the kind of exposure that only a professional publisher can, whilst retaining our local feel and close relationship with all of our writers.