Sandra Carvalho is a travelling West Indian writer. She has worked for local newspapers in Trinidad, from where she hails, but now works internationally around the US for a local tourism company as an accountant, doing conferences for trade in a global market. She has a published poetry collection ‘Voices of Humanity’ which won the London Library Poetry Editors award in 1996. She is the mother of two teenagers and works at home when she’s not travelling, writing for a living. She writes memoirs and short novel series (thrillers and crime mysteries). Sandra is currently working on her latest collection of teen short stories. Her consultant and co-worker on the project, Rolando Viñas is a screenwriter consultant tutor at the Miami Wolfson Campus. Viñas has written his own scripts and won awards for his recent script ‘Looking for Libra’. He is American and a lecturer at the Wolfson Campus.
- Inspirations: I am Inspired as a writer by Nelson Mandela life his journey with his people for freedom.
- Favourite books: : ‘More Ghost Stories’ edited by John Canning – ‘Spirit Bound’ by Christine Feehan – ‘The Prophet’ by Khalil Gilbran - Rare Books - All Banned Books
- Favourite film: ‘Unlocking The Mystery of Life’ (2002) moves me
‘Madea goes to Jail’ (2009) - I like all of the Tyler Perry movies
- Favourite artist: Writer: Stephen King - he can take ordinary things and events and create a mystery - he wows me.
Singer: Bob Marley, for my love of reggae music, for his conscious lyrics.
- Favourite food: Asian noodles
- Favourite music Anything by Bob Marley
- Favourite places: India
- Favourite things: I am a down to earth free spirit person love having fun and feeling the moments connecting with things and people.
- Most memorable moment: When my sons came into this world.