As well as being a satirical novelist and radio presenter, Peter Ball is a performing poet, lyricist, musician, and artist. A Steppe in Time is his first novel. He regularly recites his poetry in the back rooms of bars and echoing halls to appreciative crowds. He also has a radio show, The Word, where (if you turn it on www.thenakedword.co.uk ) you will hear him interview writers, musicians and publishers about their work. As an artist, Peter likes to illuminate the idiosyncrasies of human nature.
- Star Sign: Aquarius
- Inspirations: Walking in the woods, hilltop views and crashing seas.
- Favourite books: Terry Pratchett & John le Carre (yes I know they are authors!)
- Favourite film: Brazil
- Favourite food: Welsh Rarebit.
- Favourite car: A Bentley would do very nicely thank you.
- Favourite places: North Devon coastline, Preseli Mountains and Bronze Age hill forts.
- Favourite things: Sunshine, the sound of rain on the roof, playing music.
- Biggest challenge: Finding a Bentley.
- Things I've learned: Be an optimist and you'll get the best out of people!