- Favourite authors: Stephen King. Dennis Wheatley. Guy N. Smith, (used to like James Herbert but lobbed The Fog off of Rochester bridge one night on my way back to Strood and felt much better), J.D. Salinger.
- Inspirations: The Stranglers. The Sex Pistols. The Clash. XTC (Not The Jam, who are wankers). Also Kevin Ayers and Syd Barrett.
- Films: Picnic at Hanging Rock. Annie Hall. Driver. 2001: A Space Odyssey. Scum. Rebel Without a Cause and The Wild Bunch (which were on TV – do they count?).
- Car: The Sweeney’s Ford Consul.
- Food: Spotted Dick (obviously).
- Place: The cannon in Rochester Castle (which isn’t a cinema). Also the Odeon, Rochester and the Chatham ABC (which are).
- Things: Tuck’s Fender Strat.
- Challenge: Teaching myself F# Major7 and the solo on (Don’t Fear) the Reaper (which defeated me, actually, but I covered this up with distortion).
- Things I’ve learned: English, History, Maths, French, Biology and Geography to O Level standard (English – grade C).