Neil H Mattocks was born in Peterborough in 1955. With his father in the Royal Air Force the family moved from England to KL in Malaysia before moving back to the UK in the 1960s. After leaving school Neil eventually chose a career in retail. Susanne Mattocks was born Susan Rose Ling in 1959 at The Chase, Stopsley Luton. In 1980, Neil met Sue and they were married 3 years later. They were married for twenty eight years and had two daughters Verity and Claudia. Susan was diagnosed with Breast Cancer in 1993 aged just 34 she passed away in November 2011. This collection, 'Beyond The Night', is his first publication. Neil lives in Luton with his two daughters.
- Star Sign: Pisces (My mother believed in star signs. Mothers are always right).
- Inspirations: All the beautiful people who have touched my heart and soul and shared their life and friendship with me down the years.
- Favourite books: Well these are three books I love: 'Darker Than The Deepest Sea (The Search For Nick Drake)' By Trevor Dann,
'With Love' by Richard Beckinsale, 'Vincent By Himself' edited by Bruce Bernard.
- Favourite film: '7 Pounds' starring Will Smith. Directed By Gabriel Muccino.
- Favourite food:Home made pizza – for the same reasons as above.
- Favourite car: My 2002 Seat Ibiza shes done 142k on the clock and never lets me down..well most of the time anyway.
- Favourite meal: Got to be The Full English Breakfast best meal of the day.
- Favourite places: When I was a teenager living in Barton Le Clay I would spend hours up at Barton Springs in the Chiltern Hills
the view from the top of the hills was incredible. Holkham Beach is a jewel of North Norfolk. Walk through the pine trees and one of the most stunning Beaches greets you.
Saint Paul De Vence in the south of France. Way up in the mountain like a mystic city in the sky. Breathtakingly beautiful.
The Van Gough Museum in Amsterdam Just the best art gallery I've visited anywhere. I love the guy.
Brownsea Island. In the autumn with the red squirrel's and deer and wonderful island walks.
- Favourite things: Family and friends photos [priceless] plus my collection of music on vinyl and cd.
And finally my books which are there for me every day.
- Biggest challenge: Turning Adversity into Faith and Hope and turning pessimism into positivity.
- Things I've learned: Embrace life and the moment. I believe everything happens for a reason.