Born in 1956 in Birmingham, I am the eldest of ten children born to Northern Irish Catholic emigres. I went to university in London to study English Lit. In the meantime, I married and have six children. I also developed an interest in music becoming a songwriter and band-leader. I became a teacher eventually progressing to be a deputy Headteacher in a Birmingham comprehensive before retiring to run a bar, to undertake advocacy work for the elderly and ultimately to write novels. I still write songs and have to date released 3 original self-produced albums.
- Star Sign: Gemini
- Inspirations: My family.
- Favourite books: ‘Les Miserables’(Victor Hugo), ‘The Tin Drum’ (Gunter Grass), ‘Dr Faustus’ (Thomas Mann), ‘The Glass Bead Game’ (Herman Hess), ‘The Colour Purple’ (Alice Walker).
- Favourite films: ‘Manhatten’ Allen, ‘Godfather 2’ Coppola, ‘The Hours’ Daldry, ‘Breaking the Waves’ Lars Von Trier, ‘Rocky’ Stallone
- Favourite car: The time-travelling DeLorean in ‘Back to the Future’.
- Favourite food: Filleto Rossini.
- Favourite places: My sofa, Assisi, the pub listening to live music.
- Favourite things: My guitar, Good red wine, good cognac.
- Biggest Challenge: Age
- Things I have learned: Dues always have to be paid.