Mary Anne Evans
Mary Anne Evans was born in Liverpool. She read Psychology at Liverpool University and later obtained a higher degree at London University. She followed a career in teaching and latterly Educational Psychology and she has published in professional journals. She is a distant descendant of George Eliot and is married to the writer, Martin Craig-Downer.
Stolen is her first novel.
- Star sign: Cancer
- Inspirations: Talking to my husband
- Favourite books: Currently, novels by Anne Tyler and Edward St Aubyn
- Favourite film: Wild Strawberries
- Favourite car: A big fat Audi
- Favourite food: Any pasta dish, especially prepared by my American Son-in Law
- Favourite places: Anywhere in Italy
- Favourite things: Radio 4, gin and tonic, house decorating magazines
- Biggest challenges: Getting out of bed/bath/chair/sofa. Finishing what I started
- Things I've learned: Nothing much