Born and educated in Essex but now living in Wales, Eric has always enjoyed history and reading. Tibet first interested him after reading a Readers Digest article on the flight of the Dalai Lama to India in 1959. In 1978 Lhasa Apsos first entered his life. Tibetan Mastiffs followed in 1986, since when he has been smitten with these ancient breeds. He has written a number of well received articles on the Tibetan Mastiff, judged them at Crufts and jointly bred the only UK Tibetan Mastiff to become a World Champion. A first effort at writing a book was always going to combine his interest in Tibet and Tibetan dogs.
- Star sign: Sagittarius
- Inspirations: My grandmother and people who speak sense.
- Favourite books: Tom Browns School Days, For Whom the Bell Tolls, Castle of Adventure.
- Favourite film: Tom Browns School Days.
- Favourite car: Austin Cambridge.
- Favourite food: Steak and kidney pudding.
- Favourite places: Kashmir, Priory Park Prittlewell.
- Favourite things: My dogs.
- Biggest challenge: Finishing my book.
- Thing I've learned: Take nothing at face value, there is usually a catch. Or to do as I would be done by.