My writing career began when I was first able to put pen to paper. My first book was titled ‘The Dream Machine’, which I wrote and illustrated, aged 5. I believe my mother still has the original copy. Since then I have been a prolific storywriter and diarist. It was in fact diary entries from my tumultuous teens that greatly contributed to my writing of ‘The Grungers’. My other passion in life is film. Having completed a degree in Film in 2008, I duly decided it was the industry I wanted to work in. I now earn my bread and butter as a Production Manager working across various projects and platforms. I will always aspire to combine both my passions for filmmaking and writing, a link I hope to develop in the not too distant future.
- Star Sign: Aquarius
- Inspirations: My friends, my family, my English teacher at college. In fact, all the people I have ever encountered in life have inspired me in some way.
- Favourite books: The Vampire Chronicles by Anne Rice. George Orwell's Down and Out in London and Paris. A Million Little Pieces, a brilliant, if embellished memoir by James Frey. Anything by Philip Pullman or Oscar Wilde.
- Favourite film: Withnail & I. But the one film I could watch over and over again with no complaint would have to be Forrest Gump.
- Favourite food: Anything Asian, it's all delicious.
- Favourite car: the tube.
- Favourite places: In a park, near a lake, on an island, under a tree.
- Favourite things: My kindle and my scooter.
- Biggest challenge: Making myself view the world in a positive light.
- Things I've learned: It's never too late to learn!