Ellie Etchells works with young readers and writes for her charges. Her books are inspired by some of the challenges that she has had to address in her professional and personal life. She is keen to inspire children to read and write and express their inner selves. Her stories are unlike many children’s stories in their choice of subject matter.
It is so important to be able to reach out to all children and I hope that through my books, I can help children to deal with their fears and derive both comfort and entertainment from these stories.
Ellie lives and works in Bedfordshire. She shares her home with Tallulah and Merlin, who provide no end of stories, entertainment and naughtiness. They are the inspiration behind her books. Tallulah is 8 years old and Merlin still a puppy. Merlin looks up to Tallulah and tries to copy everything she does.
They are both very special and individual characters and Elaine feels privileged to have them in her life. Elaine was never allowed a dog as a child, so as soon as she left home she got her first dog, a little Jack Russel called Flynn, he was born in London:- That’s another story.
The Word 01 July 2014 by Radiomk on Mixcloud
- Place of Birth: Salford, Manchester
- Education: Nashville Street Nursery School, Broughton High School for Girls
- Who would you most like to meet? Meryl Streep
- What best piece of advice have you been given? Think before you speak
- Regrets: Not following my heart
- Favourite song? Baby You Were Born To Run – Bruce Springsteen
- Favourite colour: Plum
- Hates: Traffic Wardens
- Best way to relax: massages and wine
- Who is the biggest influence on your life? My Mother, the kindest
person I have ever known
- Sports: The slowest jogger in the universe
- Favourite subjects at school: English
- Prediction? A dreamer
- One wish? To feed children's imagination even if they cannot read, spell or write in full sentences