Doug Thompson was born in North Wales in 1951. He is a welder/engineer/market gardener/ builder and lives in a house built by himself. With his son, he is currently renovating a 300 year old house, which used to be their local pub.
Doug tends to compose poetry rather than writing it. For many years, he never wrote his poetry down.
This process leads to self-editing, simply because I forget the ones which don’t stick.
- Star Sign: Aquarius
- Inspirations: People who create things.
- Favourite books: 'World Atlas', 'Lord of the Rings', Terry Pratchet, too many to name.
- Favourite film: Titanic, or, specifically, the scene where the crew are trying to reverse the engines.
- Favourite food: British, Spanish, Italian, French, in that order but there is very little food which I dislike, possibly tripe, though I would love to like it.
- Favourite car:has to be the classic Mini I have owned all versions of it except the mini moke.
- Favourite places: North Wales, everywhere else.
- Favourite things: Trees, underground spaces, Mountains, fossils, mineral deposits and their origins.
- Biggest challenge: To find the time to do everything.
- Things I've learned: A salesman is someone who can make bullshit smell sweet. Never take advise from someone who needs it themselves