Born in East Yorkshire with a desire to wander and a love of books, Betty’s first solo adventure at the age of seven was a trip to the library. Educated in Fine Art (Masters) she shared her knowledge teaching for thirteen years in a sixth form college in East Hull. Two children later she left to relocate to Lanzarote, to head up an Art department in an English school. Driven by economic forces and a desire to stay in the sun, she became a professional photographer, shooting the banal to the banned and continues to earn nearly a living this way. After being repeatedly told she should write a book, the Adventures of Loulou came into being. Three years later she met a publisher on the beach... When I open up my manuscript I smile. Such a rare joy to feel so completely content at the workplace.
- Star Sign: Libra
- Inspirations: Everything and everybody, the unexpected and the surreal in everyday life.
- Favourite books: The Night Circus (Erin Morgenstern) Authors; Mark Haddon, Alice Hoffman, Margaret Attwood.
- Favourite film: Delicatessen, Alien, Moonrise Kingdom and Blanca Nieves(Spanish).
- Favourite food: Everything but sprouts and lychees.
- Favourite car: Porsche 1963 Super 90.
- Favourite places: Open spaces and abandoned buildings.
- Favourite things: My children.
- Biggest challenge: Survival
- Things I've learned: Wishes come through all the time, unexpectedly and without fuss.
There are people upstairs.